Saturday, March 29, 2008

Statement from William Ganiko

Email received in November 2006:

Mrs. Shimabukuro,

I am writing you this email because I came across it in one of the newspaper's that had your information and I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to thank you for all that you have done for us here in the Waianae area.
First of all, my name is Willie Ganiko and I am a 28 year old from Maili. I have been living here since our family moved out here when I was 2 years old. During my childhood and adolescent years, not too many things were done out here on the Leeward Side.

Seeing all the changes in the recent years with the increasing homelessness and poverty, I'm coming to realize this is probably how the Waianae Coast is going to be for a very long time. Not to put down our home land but it's just so factual I think. We are very low on the priority list of anything that the state has done. Complaints about the Waimanalo Gulch go unheard, just seems so unfair!

I could go on and on about many things but that is not my reason for emailing you. I just wanted to personally thank you for doing such a great job trying to do what is best for "Our People". This is by far one of the most hardest jobs representing the Waianae Coast but you really do a fantastic job! Taking the position that you have requires so much hard work and dedication. . .
I know you are a busy woman and I trully wanted to give you a big THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! I know that they're are others that feel just like me towards you and I hope I can speak well of them on my behalf.

Mahalo Nui Loa!

Sincerely Yours,

William Ganiko

No comments: