Thursday, October 30, 2008

'Let Shimabukuro keep helping West side'

Star-Bulletin Letter to the Editor published on 10/24/08
My wife, Carolyn, and I lived on the Waianae Coast for more than 20 years. As an activist at our state Capitol since 1980, I know state Rep. Maile Shimabukuro (Waianae/Makaha/Makua) has done a great job for us because I've worked with her on many issues facing the Waianae Coast and all Hawaii nei for the past six years.

I know for a fact when it comes to education Maile has been at the forefront. She has also done much to help to house the homeless and low income residents on the West side; has been actively involved in helping our na keiki, na kupuna, and native Hawaiians at the state Capitol and in Waianae; and has been active in helping many nonprofits in Waianae to help our kids become hardworking, productive, taxpaying citizens. I love this young lady because she has a great heart, she's sincere and she really cares about us and Waianae.

Please join Carolyn and me in voting for Maile on Election Day. After all, Maile is no ka oi, don't you agree?

Art Frank
Waianae

No comments: