Tuesday, October 12, 2010

BROOKS OUTLAND ENDORSES MAILE


Brooks Outland presented Maile with a beautiful "Mighty Mo" pin that he designed. [Click on the image to enlarge]

To the residents of State House District 45:

I am a 20-year veteran of the U.S. Navy. My wife, Cathy, and I moved here from Florida a little over 3 years ago.

I wrote letters to the representatives and senators regarding benefits being provided to disabled veterans by other states, but not by Hawaii. I was more than a little startled by Maile’s immediate attention to this deficit! She submitted a piece of legislation which would provide an exemption of the annual vehicle registration fees for privately owned vehicles to Hawaii’s permanently and totally disabled veterans.

In my over 20 years experience with federal representatives and senators, I have never witnessed such quick action, especially when it involved our nation’s military veterans. Maile realized the immediate need for such an exemption and put together a proposed bill in less than a week’s time! We disabled veterans are hoping that the bill will become law during the upcoming legislative session.

I looked into the archives and took a close look at Maile’s accomplishments. She demonstrates an innate ability to seek out the needs of her constituency and to employ the full weight of her knowledge of the legislative system in her attempt to fulfill those needs. As the residents of the 45th District well know, she has been very successful in her attempt.

Maile has been immeasurably helpful in my effort to ensure that Oahu veterans receive their beneficiary travel reimbursement on the same day as their appointment, rather than the 7 to 10 weeks it presently takes.

Based on Maile’s record as a Representative in our state’s Legislature and her amassed knowledge of the legislative process, I consider her the logical choice for re-election as the 45th District Representative. She is the logical choice!

I am proud to call Maile Shimabukuro my friend.

-- Brooks W. Outland, Waianae, HI.

No comments: